At Whitleigh Community Primary School we believe:
‘Children are at the heart of the school ~ School is at the heart of the community’.
Due to the promotion of our current Headteacher, we are looking for an exceptional leader who is innovative and passionate about learning. We have a loyal, talented and committed team of professionals who need a leader with the skills to inspire and guide them. Rated as a “Good” school by Ofsted in 2017, Whitleigh Community Primary School is a great school, in a vibrant city.
The ethos of the school is evident as you walk around take in the displays, soak up the atmosphere and speak to children and staff. The Whitleigh Values of Respect, Resilience and Responsibility are high profile and children’s achievements are detailed and celebrated in weekly assemblies. We ensure that our high expectations of behaviour are clear and that every child has the chance to make appropriate choices and be happy, safe and learning.
We capture the hearts and minds of the children by offering a balanced, broad and relevant curriculum that enables all children to access quality learning opportunities and promotes their intellectual, personal, social, physical, moral, spiritual and cultural development.
Whitleigh Community Primary School is committed to developing a sense of personal value and responsibility in our children; a respect for the feelings and rights of others and an awareness of community and the responsibilities of good citizenship in the 21st century.
Our children and school community are looking for a headteacher who will:
- Prioritise the well-being, resilience and achievements of our children and put this at the centre of all decisions.
- Lead our school with vision and wisdom: raising standards where required, supporting innovation and having the good judgement to change direction when needed.
- Be visible and accessible, engaging positively with children, staff, parents, governors and the community, swiftly building relationships and communicating the school's ethos.
- Create a stimulating learning school environment, encouraging enquiring minds and the development of lifelong learning skills and attitudes.
- Promote excellence and innovation in teaching and learning to ensure excellent academic progress alongside the creative, physical, social and emotional development of the children.
- Motivate, inspire and develop staff to provide the best environment for our children.
In return we offer:
- Confident, happy children who enjoy their time in school and are eager to learn and succeed.
- Talented, committed professional staff who are open to development and new ideas.
- A fully-supportive Federated Governing Body who are ambitious for the school and its pupils.
- A bright, spacious and well-resourced learning environment.
You are warmly encouraged to visit our school to see first-hand all that we have to offer. Visits can be arranged by contacting Mrs Theresa Lane email@example.com
Please send all applications to Clerk to Governors, Mrs Theresa Lane firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Years Teaching Assistant Vacancy
Grade C £19,312 pro rata – 31.25 hours per week.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and creative practitioner to work within our Early Years Foundation Unit. An understanding of the Early Years curriculum and a full and relevant NVQ3 in Early Years is essential. Applicants should be a good team players, have the ability to develop positive behaviour strategies with children and have a good understanding of child development and early language acquisition.
Whitleigh Primary school is dedicated to improving outcomes for children. We believe that a child’s primary education is fundamental to their success in life. We aim for all our pupils to actively engage in a learning experience which inspires, motivates and challenges them. We are an inclusive school where the cultural diversity that exist amongst us is celebrated through our values of resilience, respect and responsibility to deepen our understanding of the world we live in.
Our Teaching Assistants offer essential support to our Teachers and have the opportunity to assist in the planning and delivery of lessons in a creative and positive setting. As a Teaching Assistant, your role would be classroom based with direct contact with our pupils at all times. You would work collaboratively with your class team and department to support all pupils to work towards achieving their individual outcomes and maximising their learning opportunities both within and outside of the school setting. The profile of our pupils would require the successful candidate to have a high level of patience and a good understanding to their specific needs.
Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths GCSE.
The closing date for applications 1st November 2022 and interviews scheduled for the Week commencing 7th November 2022.
The successful candidates to start January 2023.
Whitleigh Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; pre-employment checks will be carried out, references will be sought for all shortlisted candidates and all shortlisted candidates will be requested to complete a questionnaire about any convictions or adult cautions that are unspent. Guidance will be given to those shortlisted. To apply, an application form and role profile can be downloaded from www.whitleighpri.plymouth.sch.uk