PE and SPORT PREMIUM
Sports Premium Funding
In March 2013, the government announced that it was to provide additional funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013 to 2014 and 2014 to 2015 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools in England – The Primary PE & Sport Premium. For more information from the government website click here.
What is Sports Premium?
The Government has provided funding to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding. This funding is being jointly provided by Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Schools have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they have the freedom to choose how they do this. Possible uses of the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport
Find bellow ours school's spending of the funding.