At Whitleigh Primary School we provide Pre-School Provision within our school setting. We are able to offer:
- High quality nursery education in a stimulating and well planned environment.
- A caring and encouraging Nursery Team led by a qualified teacher, supported by highly skilled and qualified staff.
- A secure outdoor environment which has recently been updated with new play equipment.
- Fun and engaging learning mainly led by the children’s interests whilst still following the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
- Daily phonics sessions and stories as part of their broad and balanced curriculum.
- Access to the schools’ resources and equipment including the Library, Kitchen and Playbarn for regular cooking and PE sessions.
- Flexible child care to suit your individual needs (subject to availability).
- Free child care within the Government’s 15 or 30 free child care scheme subject to eligibility.
The bright and welcoming Whitleigh Primary School Pre-School is situated within our Early Years Unit. The Pre-School is well resourced and has it’s own outside area. Pre-School children are also able to access lots of resources within the wider school and do so on a weekly basis, including using the cooking kitchen, the school library, and the hall where they have a PE session. Children’s learning is carefully planned by the class teacher, and children in Pre-School take part in daily phase 1 phonics sessions to ensure they have the fundamental skills they need to learn to read and write when they start in the Reception Year. The children moving onto our Reception classes from within our own school nursery receive an enhanced transition, as the adults who will work with the children the following year are able to visit the transitioning children in their class regularly, giving them the best start to their journey through the schools. Staff also receive high quality professional development, along with all of the teachers and support staff within the school, so children’s learning journeys are seamless in the progression and curriculum design.
Children in our school nursery also take part in some school events, such as the Christmas Nativity each year, and are very much part of our school family.
We offer flexible patterns of attendance including full days, mornings and afternoons enabling families to structure childcare to suit their needs. Every child is eligible for 15 hours free childcare from the term after they are three. If you are working family you may be eligible for an additional 15 hours childcare.
For more information about our Nursery or to book a visit please contact the school office either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 01752 706383.